Rev. Dr. Barbara Reynolds is a prolific voice on culture, Christianity, and civil rights. Her voice has been captured through the years and continues with the new release of her treasured friend, Coretta Scott King (2017).
- After ‘March’, feeling hopeful about the ‘Dream’
- Zimmerman Trial: What should we tell our sons, now?
- It’s not too late for shamed sons of civil rights leaders to honor their fathers
- Snyder’s “Never” is reminiscent of an ugly past
- Arena Stage pays tribute to Elizabeth Keckley, seamstress to Mary Todd Lincoln
- Gun control debate: Standing by families of the slain shows Obama’s humanity
- Is the sequester a question of race or politics? Or both?
- Trayvon Martin, one year later: When will black-on-black slayings get the attention they deserve?
- ‘Scandal’: The real ‘Scandal’ is the blackout on black actresses on network TV
- Betty and Coretta: Debunking the drama in Lifetime’s TV movie about the two widowed legends
- Keeping Christ in Christmas
- Newtown shootings: Focus on mental illness first
- Paying a ‘wait tax’ at the polls undermines democracy
- OPINION| We must ask politicians about faith
- OPINION| Romney and Mormonism: more to know?
- Mitt Romney’s America: Makers vs. takers
- Romney and the RNC: A week of hurt feelings for minority voters
- Todd Akin and Augusta National: Two sides to the same sexist coin
- Katherine Jackson: Vigilance could be key for her, Michael Jackson’s children
- Chick-fil-A Day: State power run amok?
- Colorado theater shootings: Resisting cinemaphobia
- Minorities fall victim to predatory lenders
- ‘Obamacare’: Just what the doctor ordered
- Creflo Dollar: ‘To spank or not to spank’?
- President Barack Obama’s support of gay marriage splits African Americans
- Whitney Houston’s death, a reminder of alcohol and drug addictions
- Roland Martin, GLAAD and the role of Christianity
- Newt Gingrich is no challenge to President Obama
- GOP: red, white and racist?
- Mountaintop’s MLK: too much fiction?
Additional articles by
Rev. Dr. Barbara Reynolds
Newspaper Columnist – Turned Minister to Help Women Fight Addiction
Charisma & Christian Life – Feb.2004
“USA Today Columnist Heard God Calling”
Essence Magazine – July 1993
“Reynolds Woman Of The Year At Greater Mt. Calvary”
Magnificent View Magazine – Fall 2004
“Washington Association Of Black Journalist Award Rev. Dr. Barbara A. Reynolds – Journalist Of The Year”
Jet Magazine – Jan. 10, 2000
“History-Making Graduate Of United Theological Seminary: Rev. Dr. Barbara A. Reynolds”
Jet Magazine – January 6, 1998
“Jesse Book On ‘Blacklist'”
Chicago Defender – June 28, 1975
“Reynolds New Book ‘And Still We Rise’ Cites Black Success Stories”
Jet Magazine- June 6, 1988
“Reynolds To Ohio State University Grads: ‘Do Something Great'”
Lantern Newspaper, September 19,1996
“This Renowned News Analyst Says ‘We Need Media Reform Now'”
Radio-TV Interview Report – April 1999
“Reynolds Arrested In Protest Against Sudan Slavery”
Afro-American Newspaper – 7/15/2001